Monday, July 12, 2010

Experimentation #1 | Oval Stencil

Mostly when I draw I usually don't use any help from stencils. I actually rarely use stencils to create drawings, in a way I think of it as it as a way cheating. The human hand speaks so much more to me as an artist. However I decided to break out of my box by using a stencil of various sized ovals that my french curve set has on the inside of them. This is just a piece of 11 x 17 paper, I used a regular writing pen, I'm not to worried about the archival issue with this because I was just really experimenting, though this was a start of many other themed small drawing I did inside my sketch book. I also can see myself using this in my graphic design to create cool looking patterns and shapes. I throughly enjoyed breaking out of my box and using a stencil to create these little "experiments". You may never know can come from trying something new.

P.S. for those who don't know what archival is I attached a link to the word archival just so you can get an idea of what it means. Also put a link on french Curve to let you know what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment